Millets for Weight Management
Millets are one of the most ancient grains known to man. They comprise the ancient grains diet followed by many celebrities. They are environment friendly, hardy, sustainable, do not drain too many natural resources to grow.
Apart from that they are a treasure trove of benefits - some of that is featured below.
- Kodo Millet is gluten free, has a low glycemic index releasing glucose slowly in the body which is good for diabetics. Kodo is a popular fast or upvas food in some parts of India.
- It is rich in antioxidants or polyphenols, rich in fiber, it is rich in magnesium, niacin, folic acids, calcium and iron.
- Kodo millet is a good substitute to rice or wheat. Protein, fiber, and mineral content are much higher than the major cereals like rice. It can be cooked just like rice or ground into flour. It provides balanced nutrition, unlike polished white rice.
- Kodo is very beneficial for post-menopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Kodo millet can be prepared as a one pot meal with dals and vegetables. It tastes good and is easy to cook. In order to preserve millet consistency you can cook the millets and lentils separately and combine them at a later stage.
- Millets Are Healthy - Gluten Free, Low Gi, High Fibre, Rich Source Of Proteins, Weight Loss & Diabetic Friendly Millet Food.
- It can also be mixed with other grains such as wheat to make baked goods such as bread as well as noodles
- It is also called Diabetes Management Millet. It has three times more Iron than White Rice contains dietary fibre, antioxidants and six times more magnesium than white rice, three times more iron than white rice. You can prepare khichdi, grind it into flour and make chappatis or millet dosas.
- Organic Delight Millet is organic with zero pesticides and chemicals. It is grown by our partner farmers.
- Proso millet grain can be used for human consumption, livestock feed. Millet is desirable for human food because it is easily digestible and gluten-free. It can be ground into flour, used to bake flatbreads,or etc.
- Proso millet is a perfect combination of health and taste. A rich source of calcium which is essential for bone growth and maintenance.
- As with all other millets Proso is full of Vitamins, Minerals, fiber, antioxidants and protien. Proso requires less water for cultivation, is a hardy and resistant grain.
- Helps to lower cholesterol.